Monday, January 3, 2011

New

I used to hate change. I wanted to always be the same.

But today, on January 3 2011,
I realized I don't hate change anymore.
I'm still afraid-
Of the unknown, of loss, of secrets forgotten.
But life is meant to be lived, not paused.
There is, within me, the strength to grow.

In high school, I cried profusely, drove dangerously, wrote poetry,
picked my cuticles until they bled, ate indulgently,
hugged EVERYONE I saw, slept 4 hours a night,
laughed daily, and studied sporadically.
I had a home, friends, safety.

I thought those things made me who I was.

But guess what 2011?
I have none of that now-
and yet still,
without my armor,
without any real constant identity,
here I am.

"The best way out is always through"
-Robert Frost

Stay fabulous!
<3
Claire



No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia recall