Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DIY: Magnetic Scrabble Letters!

My mom loves scrabble letters. She's picked them up at thrift stores over the past year and has a set sitting on a bowl near the front door and arranges them into cute phrases, like this:

(Waiting for me after I came home from my first year of college)

There being about four sets of scrabble letters in my house, mom gave me some to take with to school to put on the coffee table. I decided that they would get more use as magnets, on our fridge!

All it took was a pair of scissors and a trip to the hardware store to buy a few feet of magnetic strips (with adhesive on one side, so no glue gun required!) for about $2.00.

Cut the pieces to about 3/4 of an inch, or whatever best suits the length of the Scrabble piece.

Secure the little magnets to the Scrabble pieces by removing the adhesive covering and pressing them firmly to the back of the Scrabble square.

-- And booyah! Cute magnetic Scrabble pieces for your fridge, white board, or what have you.

The total budget for this project is somewhere around $5.00 :)

-B


1 comment:

avandia recall