Friday, August 20, 2010

Fun With Interior Decorating YEE (And the Magical Qualities of Spray Paint)

This year I'll be living "on campus" in an apartment with two wonderful roomies! However, even in my dorm last year having my own space was mildly exciting, but never really motivated me to get creative in decorating my space.

But now... the thought of having a living room, kitchen, AND bedroom to decorate is rather thrilling! My mom found these sweet little plastic dragonflies at Goodwill the other week:


Apparently they're some swanky brand, but I wasn't very excited that they were silver- not really my thing. However, my mother reminded me that all it takes is a can of spray paint to transform something...


One can of high-gloss spray paint from Home Depot turned them into chic little wall decorations! When I return to school I'll be scouring the thrift stores for more cool odds n' ends, armed with a can of paint! (Another good example can be found HERE, with candlesticks)

During my online interior decor perusing I came across the brand Kikkerland, which makes products commonly found on Modcloth or Fredflare. Here's a few of my favorites:

The best part about this brand is that it's not ridiculously overpriced, which is often what happens when a brand makes really cool, original designs... boo! Have fun decorating your new place, college-bound kids!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia recall