Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm a Makeup Snob

Just saw Eclipse!
The movie was awesome
and I love Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson and Billy Burke
I am still a little ticked that they didn't cast a native american as Jacob,
but Taylor Lautner's body is BANGIN!
But that is all beside the point.

The point is:
the makeup sucked with a capital UCK.

Bella's face looked prom-ready the whole movie,
complete powdered eyebrows and berry lips.
HELLO what 17 year old do you know that wears lipstick 24/7?
On the subject of lips, Jacob's were purple the whole film.
???????????????

Furthermore, I would love to stage a protest
banning Rob Pattinson's eyebrows.
They are hideous,
for the first movie they shaped them
and he looked great
ignore the copius amounts of eyeliner and lipstick LAWL
- imperfect and flawless like a vampire-
but for the last two they have let them go CRAAAAAAZY
ahhhhhhh! run for your life!
and it is entirely too distracting.
Especially in IMAX (which by the way, is EXCESSIVELY loud)
And the white makeup they use on the vampires is poorly applied.
You can see the pink through which I say is tacky.

And then there is little Jane,
played by Dakota Fanning
who has great style but tries to hard when she is acting.
Her makeup is WRETCHED.
The weird black cat eye... ew ew ew.
It is just distracting.
Speaking of eyeliner,
all the guy vampires look like Pete Wentz or something...

And let me pick another fight, just to be thorough.
JASPER AND ROSALIE HAVE BLACK EYEBROWS. But they are blonde.
THIS IS NOT OK.
why they have an olive skinned italian playing a natural blonde is beyond me
IT MAKES ME WANT TO TIE THEM DOWN
AND BLEACH THEM INTO OBLIVION!

Overall, the makeup was unnatural,
worked oddly with the lighting,
and was distractingly heavy.

However,
the movie was awesome.
I am totally obsessed with all the actors, especially Kristen Stewart.
I loved it.

Still, I want to kick Robin Mathews, head makeup artist.
Her work may have played off well in the Runaways,
but it looked silly in Eclipse.

Thank you, I love you,
and I promise to be back to normal tomorrow with two new posts.
(Only 3 left in the Cheap Alternatives series!)

~Claire de la Luna


1 comment:

  1. at least the make-up was better than it was in new moon...

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall