Friday, May 14, 2010

Floral Frenzy!


After living in Southern California for most of the year, it is easy to forget what seasons are when every day is sunny and dry. When I came home to Seattle for the summer last weekend, I was so rejuvenated by the crisp breezes and green colors. Although Spring has pretty much passed me by, I feel like I’m finally getting a taste!

My grandmother bought this flower pin for my mom, who isn’t a flower-pin type of person… and neither am I, for that matter. I usually associate flower pins with old ladies (no offense, grammie!) or as tacky accessories pinned to big hats.

Something about this flower pin is just right, though. I think it’s because of the neutral gray color and the matte effect of the tweedy material. It’s understated, but it’s size is bold in a youthful way.

Here’s to spring! Or my late attempt at it, rather :)

Here's some more fun floral accessories!
Tasha Flower Statement Necklace, $58.00, Nordstrom'sDitsy Corsage Headband, $16.00, Topshop

3 Strand Headband W/ Flower Clip, N/A, Vintage Dreamz

-Berit

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia recall