Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alterations Are A Girl's Best Friend


I cannot stress how useful alterations can be. Whether it be a pair of jeans that are just a little too long or an old dress that can be updated via a quick slash of a hem, having your clothes professionally altered can make a neglected piece in your wardrobe your most loved one.

Some of you magical ladies out there are rockstars with a sewing machine, but let's be honest... some of us (including myself) can hardly sew a straight seam!

Prices are often extremely reasonable and worth the money. I found a pair of Seven for All Mankind jeans at Value Village in perfect condition but never wore them because they were too long. After I had them hemmed for $15 using the original hemline, they are one of my favorite pairs!

Here's a cool pair of trousers (LOL, trousers!) that again were too long and thus thrown to the back of my closet. I had them hemmed into a skinny fit ankle pant a la Audrey Hepburn and LOVE them!


I also just had an old prom dress that belonged to my cousin hacked apart for prom (round 2, lolz) this weekend, pictures to come! Get out there and get a-hemming!

-Berit

1 comment:

  1. OMG, another hacked up prom dress?! I can't wait! I should try and find my old prom dress pics for you. :) HA!

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall