Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On Trend: Graduated Sparkle Nails

Hey y'all! Hope everyone had a fun, relaxing and moderately redneck 4th of July! Here's a trend that's caught my attention lately... Graduated/Ombre sparkle nails!

As with most things in life, this style can look either really cool or really tacky. Emily on Cupcakes & Cashmere wrote a great, fool-proof tutorial with the ever-hip technique of glitzing up only her ring fingers:

And here's my poorly-photographed version, with coral and gold. If you know me, you know I love nail polish, and this was a super easy way to spice (or sparkle, lulz) things up a bit! I accidentally went a little too heavy with the sparkles, but what can I say, I'm drawn to shiny like a crow.

A random photo off the interwebs, but the topcoat only with the sparkles looks great, too!


All it takes is a normal manicure and a bottle of sparkles (from the craft store or your local beauty supply, just make sure they're pretty small.) I always start off with base coat (it'll protect your nails from the undeniably yucky chemicals in the polish.), add the color, and then apply a topcoat. Add another small bit of topcoat to the tip of the nail and use a small paint brush to apply the sparkles- you can either sprinkle them on or brush them on for a more controlled graduated look.

Enjoy!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia recall