Sunday, April 3, 2011

DIY Shredded Shirt

Shredded tees have been on the scene for a while now, but I wasn't too sure about how I felt about them -most are super grungy looking, something I wasn't sure I had the guts for. Plus, such shirts are really expensive considering they're just de-constructed.

(This top, although really cool, is for sale on Etsy for $58.00)

After beginning to clean out my stuff to make moving out in a month (WEIRD) easier, I found a few old t-shirts and decided to give it a go with the help of this tutorial, which got rave interviews by everyone in the crafting community. Watch it -she explained it better than I ever could!

The process is really easy, but takes a few hours, so this is a good project to do while you're watching a movie.

This is the second shirt I shredded, the first was a polyester-cotton blend and was a little harder to do. This one is 100% cotton and took about 2 hours. Experiment with stripes and the looseness of shredding depending on what look you want!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-B

2 comments:

avandia recall