Friday, December 23, 2011

Pre-Holiday Outfit Post (With a special guest!)

Hey everyone! I've once again neglected posting for which I have no excuse (besides having marvelous adventures in LA), so I won't make any... besides the one in parentheses. Lots o' shit has happened in the past few months.*

Living in LA was educational and transformational in a lot of a ways. I ended up doing some serious people-watching, and picked up a few tips regarding urban style, one being the ease and casuality of Angeleno fashion. I saw some ladies and gents rock casual shapes and styles while maintaining a fresh, chic, and edgy air. Second, they really know how to wear neutrals in terms of color, cut, and outfit palette.

While my first impulse is to wear teal, brights and lightweight fabrics, I've been really digging a more androgynous style as of late, mixing muted colors and more structured shapes that just make me feel... snazzy.

Claire came to visit the past few days, which was totally kickass. Reuniting always gets out creative juices flowing, so expect more from us in the coming weeks! Here's what I wore on an adventure day to Santa Cruz:

(Top: Gap, thrifted; blazer: vintage, thrifted; scarf: Eugene, OR; pants: BDG, thrifted; belt: thrifted; SHUZ: Plenty by Tracy Reece, sample sale)

(If you didn't notice, these shoes are UNGODLY AWESOME. I snagged 'em for $30 bucks at a sample sale in San Francisco over Thanksgiving. They feel like a dream after a whole day of walking and can we talk about how crushed velvet and menswear shoes are a match made in heaven?)

I apologize for the unintentional hiatus. Hopefully you all still enjoy our inconsistent yet enthusiastic tirades. Much love to you and yours this holiday season! May your eating binges taste like holiday cheer!

Love,
B

*I spent the fall semester living in inner-city Los Angeles, my parents relocated from Seattle to San Jose, and I've been trying to figure out where I'll spend five months abroad beginning in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia recall